OBW Technologies Ltd, the leading national provider of portable and fixed gas detection sensors and solutions in Ireland is currently looking to hire a Environmental Health and Safety Officer to join their fast-paced, dynamic and growing team in Limerick.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will advise, report and communicate on environmental, safety, health and welfare issues. They will assist the management team in the development and delivery of policy and practice in line with the legislation and standards; and promote a positive safety, health and welfare culture throughout the organisation.
- Advising on overall compliance in matters of Health and Safety on site(s) in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions;
- Develops, facilitate and review EHS risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the operations team, including office RA’s, company vehicles and occasional site visits.
- Maintaining the EHS system, updating records and training employees on new procedures.
- Develop, implement and improve HSE management systems, processes and procedures to support business operations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, & ISO 45001
- Communicate information on the HSE Management System throughout the organisation and promotes HSE awareness through various communication channels i.e. inductions, training, campaigns, flyers, discussions, emails etc. in consultation with all relevant departments.
- Prepare HSE documentation for clients/projects as per the requirements and in consultation project owner.
- Undertake HSE inspections internally and with third parties (contractors) as per the approved inspection program of the company. Follows up on the preventive and / or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Support site teams and departments in the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents as required ensuring any learning points are communicated;
- Record HSE key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary. Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- Develops, implements, and encourages the behavioural based safety culture in the organization through safe job observations and top management inspections.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a health and safety environment, with experience of developing and implementing H&S management systems;
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is desirable, as is an Environmental Qualification.
- Demonstrated competence in carrying out out risk assessments and incident investigations.
- Ability to research and clearly document technical information.
- Candidate must have proficiency in a windows-based environment and software (Word, PowerPoint, excel) and advanced Excel skills are preferable.
To apply for this role, kindly email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org