The SS4 is a hazardous area certified flame detector for the detection of hydrocarbon (SS4-A2) and non-hydrocarbon fires (SS4-AS2). This multispectrum detector senses radiant energy in the ultraviolet (UV), visible and wideband infrared (IR) spectrum. The radiant energy from all types of flaming fires will alert the detector to their presence. The field of view is the
widest in the industry with 120° field of view with a range of 60 feet. This means more hazard can be covered by each detector.
120° field of view with range up to 60 feet.
• Multi-Spectrum™: senses ultraviolet, visible and Wide Band Infrared™
• Built-in test for optical “through the lens” testing
• False alarm immunity
• Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon based fires
• Wide field-of-view and solar-blind
• Adjustable detector sensitivity
• Microprocessor based algorithms: FirePic™, Snapshot™ and
• Wide temperature range of operation
• Compatible with standard approved fire alarm panels
• Explosion-proof housing
• Time programmable alarm verification